Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twilight Series


As previously posted, I hadn't heard of Stephenie Meyer until The Host was recommended to me. I liked it so much that I decided to give Twilight a chance. I've spent the month of November reading through the series. It's been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me as I have been slightly embarrassed to tell people what I'm reading--mainly because it has been turned into a movie that's quite popular among teen girls. The truth is that the series develops into a good story. The first book is the most poorly written (get a Thesaurus!) and has a lot more teen ooey gooey romance in it, but there are some really good latent ideas in it that get explored more through the series. Apparently Ms. Meyer is currently writing another book that is the first one, but from Edward's point of view. Much to my chagrin, I will be reading it...

1 comment:

Jane Jane said...

You call it "teen ooey gooey romance" but a fellow mom friend of mine who just read the books said how she totally had a crush on the guy herself--just from reading the book. LOL.

With all the hubbub, I just may have to start reading these myself.