Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jemima J


This is probably the only Jane Green book I would recommend. Well, Babyville was interesting...but Jemima J has more redeeming qualities. I attempted to read Mr. Maybe and it was so awful I couldn't get to the third chapter. If there is another of her books that is worth the time, please let me know because I am officially done with Ms Jane. Back to her book that I actually liked. Jemima is an overweight twentysomething who is pushed around and treated poorly by everyone around her. She decides to get serious about losing weight and creates a new self--at least on the outside. In the meantime she has pretty much given up on her workplace crush, Ben, and has met a guy from L.A. over the internet. She flies to L.A. from London and it is fun to see America through her eyes, and the culture of la la land. Easy to read chick-lit with a protagonist most of us can relate with.

No comments: