Monday, October 25, 2010

Life of Pi


Feeling like the last person in the U.S. to read this book, I actually listened to it. I initially checked out the CD audiobook from the library as a way to spend my 20 minute commute doing something more constructive than singing loudly along to Snow Patrol--which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The man who narrated the book as Pi Patel was very enjoyable to listen to. His voice was a perfect match for what I would have wanted Pi's voice to sound like, Hindi accent and all. If you haven't read this book yet, or you did and would love another perusing, I recommend listening to it. That said, I did enjoy the story, but even more, Pi, the main character who becomes stranded in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger. He is intelligent and sensitive, and any reader with half a heart feels nothing but compassion for him. About 3/4 of the way into the book I became desparate for Pi to be rescued and to move on from the Pacific, but that aside I recommend this book.

No comments: