Saturday, August 7, 2010

Then We Came To The End


I believe the review that got me interested in this book described it as "hilarious". One reviewer on Powell's Books site referred to it as the best book he's read all year. All I can say is.....Seriously??? The book is set in Chicago in an advertising agency in the early part of this decade. As clients are lost the employees employ tactics to make themselves look busy. Nothing funny there. The unnamed narrator is one of these employees and this person makes observations about his or her fellow co-workers. Most of these people are rather pathetic and there are too many of them to really keep track of and make a connection with. Nothing funny there. Not interesting either. I think Joshua Ferris' has some potential, so I'm not writing him off yet, but I recommend that this one be skipped.

No comments: